Friday 16 September 2011

every day life

Here are some glimpses into what we do right now....


This is a very common sight these days, Erlend and I are sitting in front of the computer (at his parents house, as we do not have internet at our house yet) trying to apply for some kind of number or form or whatever it is that we need to get a permission for me to stay in the country... we have found this process to be quite confusing and we pray that the Lord will provide a solution soon... for now I am fine for another few weeks staying on a tourist visa.


 Here you see me studying Norwegian with books, Audio-CDs, Online exercises, and most importantly - Google translate :-). No seriously, I acutally really like being able to take time and study this language, that is, PTL, often close to German.

I have the best language teacher in the world

                                                            my mother-in-law Bodil.

I am so thankful for her! She usually sits across from me and translates books from English into Norwegian, but she is always there, so I can ask questions and she explains the grammar rules to me! Perfect setting :-)!

Erlend has found a job (Thank you, Lord!) and will start on Monday as a driver for a delivery company. On his days off and during the last few days, he has helped out at NTM Norge with translating documents from English into Norwegian.

That is it for today,

-Anne-

1 comment:

  1. So this is what it all looks like...crazy that I haven't set foot in those offices in several weeks. We need to get healthy! :-) We're so thankful that Erlend found a job, and that you get to work with the world's best language teacher to learn as much as you can this year. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete