Saturday 23 May 2015

Batu akik

Almost anywhere you go here in our home town, and I have been told its the same in the whole country, you'll find gem stone markets. It is extremely popular to wear rings or necklaces with anything from normal stones, to quite expensive precious stones.

So to see what this is all about, a couple of friends and I went to have a look.


A guy selling uncut stones 


Both sides of this street was full of gem stone stores


Here's fossilized coral stones


A guy cutting stones with a table saw


More uncut stones


Right in the middle of the stone market, a guy was selling baby rabbits...


Mr. D and Kris checking the quality of a pink ruby


One guy had a few rings where he had simply put a whole, uncut stone on a ring


The fake plastic stuff


What I bought: a small, very cheap ring for Alia, that she already lost... and a fossilized coral ring for me.



I don't think I'll be wearing it much to be honest...

-e-

No comments:

Post a Comment