Friday 19 June 2015

back on the "horse"

When I was younger I did quite a bit of horse riding. Whenever I would fall off, I was always told to get right back into the saddle, because if you wait you might never again get back on a horse.

So Alia and I took our first motorbike ride since the accident yesterday.
When I asked her if she wanted to go for a drive with me she answered, Hm, Papa, car!
I don't blame her, but eventually she did get on the bike with me and I drove more carefully than usual.

When I told my friend I was going to go out for a ride she said, 

Don't forget your jacket, it is hot today!

Before we lived in the tropics that sentence would have made no sense to me. 

But here people actually wear jackets when they ride a bike for several different reasons, on of them being that they don't want their arms and hands to get burned by the sun.

Yesterday was the first time I actually made myself wear a jacket on the bike. I have refused up to now because the last thing you want to do when it is this hot is wear an extra layer. 
It does make sense though, I did not get burned and probably looked very culturally appropriate :-).

 A lot of people wear their jackets with the back in the front when on a bike. Makes total sense to me.

My little trooper back in the "saddle"

No comments:

Post a Comment