Saturday 26 November 2011

Thoughts on a rainy Saturday afternoon


Getting married to Erlend I did not only get a wonderful, incredible, best-ever husband, but a big amazing family-in-law with it! I love my new family-in-law. There are nine precious nieces and nephews whom I love to babysit and hang out with and there are my parents-in-law who have been so accepting, supportive and yes, even my language teacher (Thank you so much, Bodil!).

Then there all of Erlend's siblings plus their spouses. We love hanging out with every single one of them and we know that we are so blessed having so many brothers and sisters on either side of the family that all get a long.

As Erlend has been at meetings in Spain for the last week, I have moved in with my sister-in-law Sarah, whose husband (Erlend's oldest brother Markus) is in Spain as well.


When Erlend and I first got together, I was around people who knew Sarah and many of them told me, that we would get along so well because we were so alike and guess what? They were right!
We love hanging out and doing things together and ever since we met we have been surprised to find out how similar we are in many things.

Of course, there is the obvious:
  • we both love the Lord first and foremost and want to serve Him with our lives
  • we are both in an international marriage
  • we both met our spouse at the Bible school in England
  • we both have long dark brown hair (which is the reason why people say we look alike)
  • we both KNOW that we have the most amazing husband in the world :-)
But here are some of the things in which we are alike:
  • we both love wearing sweat pants
  • we both like the colour purple
  • we both talk fast and much
  • we are both baby snatchers (we "fight" over who gets to hold our baby niece :-))
  • we both like cheese doodles, chocolate and raw cookie dough
  • we both HATE mice! 
  • we both get the creeps thinking about or touching that green foam decorating stuff
  • we both love efficiency (I am German and Sarah's ancestors are as well)
  • we have the same taste in movies (yes, we both love the romantic comedy stuff)
  • we both cry at movies
  • we are both nosy
  • we both tend to be dramatic (which makes us good matches for the chilled Røsvik men)
  • we both have on our bucket list to work in an orphanage
  • we were both initially scared to back out of our parents-in-law's driveway
Okay, this is getting long and only the stuff I can think of of the top of my head. I guess the bottom line is that I am so thankful to God that he has put Sarah along side me for this time in my life - she is such an encouragement! (she has gone through the whole language learning/culture shock experience 9 years before me). I love you, Sarah!

4 comments:

  1. your in-law`s driveway.... i don't like at first, but after have been were much in the Røsvik house.. the driveway is not sow scared enymore. you must practis it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Anne, along with all our in-laws!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are defenitely a blessing to the whole R-family. Love you both, and so happy you two have so much fun together! That was a fun list, btw! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you too, Anne! And I'm so glad we both married into the amazing Røsvik family!

    ReplyDelete