Thursday 10 January 2013

About whales and stuff

What to blog about on a day on which it feels that your biggest accomplishment was to turn from your left to your right side???

I have heard pregnant women say that they feel like a beached whale (gestrandeter Wal) and today I totally understand what they mean.

I typed it into google images and found this picture and it is how I feel (just a bit rounder).
(Please don't take this the wrong way, I am neither trying to be politically incorrect and say something against whales, and even less am I trying to say that I am not happy about being pregnant)


What made me laugh is that a few scrolls down the page this picture came up. So there is definitely a connection between whales and pregnancy and that is when people might think you feel like the picture below, you actually feel like the poor creature above...


Well, but enough complaining. We are getting so excited since there are only 11 days left until we hopefully get to hold our little one in our arms. The ultrasound today showed that she is about 2700g and 49cm, so a bit on the tiny side (does not feel that way though :-)). So we hope she is using her last few days "inside" to fatten up :-).

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, Anne! Just a few more days and it will all be so worth it, you can do it! And the only consolation I can think of (and it's unfortunately very small) is that at least it's still winter - imagine the beached whale stage in a hot, tropical climate during dry season! Kisses to baby girl from auntie and cousins!

    ReplyDelete