Sunday 16 September 2012

a busy sunday

Today was quite a busy sunday, not particularly for German standards, but definitely for a Norwegian who is still in culture shock and has to listen to A LOT of German all day long.

We had a lovely sunday service in the morning (church starts at 9.30 am, big shock!) and lunch with the whole church afterwards, then we were invited to a garden BBQ party in the afternoon and in the evening we went to our youth group where I had a talk about Daniel and then we played some games after that.

Don't get me wrong, we both love being part of all of these activities, but for my poor husband it does get a bit much at the end of the day, especially because he has to sit in school in less than 10 hours.

Well, those are the pleasures of moving to another country, adjusting to a different speed of life and getting to know another culture and language. I remember that I was tired all the time for the first months in Norway, so I think it is very normal for Erlend to feel the same way now. We would appreciate your prayers, that Erlend would be able to get through this first phase and that I would be a good help and support to him, especially as a busy week lies ahead. Thank you!

 lots of good food...
... all day long...maybe that is also a reason for the tiredness? :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment