Tuesday 25 June 2013

Preparing

We have spend the last days hunting through the stores, (and the internet - yay for online shopping :-)) trying to find good deals for things we still need for our big move and new life in Pacific Asia.

Some of the things we got were a good quality backpack (with a special airflow system in the back part, which I am sure we will be thankful for in the near future), an aluminum crate (airtight which is great for traveling and storing stuff in a humit climate), lots of cute summer clothes for Alia, even some she will need one or even two years to grow into and it is so weird to think that next time we will be back in Europe, she will fit into those.

little one preparing for sunnier times

It is very easy for me to get totally wrapped up in preparing, packing and planning what things to take and sometimes I have to stop myself and remember that it is not about things at all and that it won't be the end of the world if we don't have all the things we are used to here over there with us.

I have to stop and remember why we are going, why we are leaving our families behind, why we believe our place is in Pacific Asia. Then I usually get so excited about the task ahead, about the people we will meet, the friendships that will hopefully form and most of all about the message we have to share.

Sometimes though, before I get to that point, I get sad because it hits me more and more what or better who we are leaving behind and what it means for them.
And then, in those teary moments, I remember a very good sermon I heard once where somebody who I admire deeply said, "Our question should not be, "Is it worth it?" but, "Is HE worthy?"".

I hope I will always answer this question with a strong YES, even in the midst of culture shock, language study and climate adjustment that lies ahead



No comments:

Post a Comment