Thursday 22 August 2013

painting, melons and a guitarist

Our internet was gone for a while but now it is back and I can finally blog again.

This week is our last week of warm up and starting Monday we will have language tutor sessions 4 days a week. We are looking forward to finally getting started on those, but we are also enjoying the last days of getting settled.

One of the things we did for making our house more into our home is painting Alia's room.
When we got here, her room was the grey color in the bottom that made the room very dark. So today we slapped a couple of light grey and light purple coats of paint on the wall, and voila, a girly room!

I am working on curtains right now - 
when they are done I am sure I will be so proud I will blog about it :-)

We also went to the market today, there are so many different new smells and sights to get used to. Since we cannot share the smells with you (and trust me, you don't want me to :-)) here you get to see an unfamiliar sight.

I didn't even know they came in different colors

Another new thing for us is that every once in a while a guitarist comes to our house and sings a song. It is generally expected to give about 20 cents for the performance. 

He sang very well, but I really wanted to ask if I could tune his guitar, but then again, that could have been really offensive, apart from the fact that I would not have had a clue how to say that :-)

3 comments:

  1. Alias room looks really nice! Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's a really odd color they picked for the wall... was it the same everywhere or just in that room? The whole house was beige for us...which we liked just fine:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think, that people said that they beige was getting dirty so quickly so they chose a darker color, but went a bit over board with the dark... we would have liked the grey if it would have been a couple shades lighter....

    ReplyDelete