Thursday 15 August 2013

warm up

I have not been blogging the last two days because I could not move a lot due to a pinched nerve. At some point I was just a sobbing, curled up, unable to move wimp on the floor... not fun.
Since I cannot treat myself I took lots of painkillers and a friend also took me to a Japanese massage place where a tiny Asian lady squeezed my back with an impressive amount of strength. I am not quite there yet, but feeling much better.

These few weeks after getting to the country are called "warm up" in the program we are doing and our main goal is it to get our ears tuned to the language, get familiar with our neighborhood and learn to use public transport and go shopping.

Today two ladies from our team and I went to buy some paint and curtain fabric so we can make our house into our homes.

Part of the way to the store we drove in one of these things. I forget what they are called but basically it is a bicycle with a seat in the front.

it is always fun to hang with this awesome friend!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear of your pinched nerve.
    Sounds so painful - will be praying it can be completely taken care of soon.

    ReplyDelete