Thursday 24 May 2012

watermelon instead of the royals

I was very excited yesterday night when we got a call asking us to work today at Geiranger fjord. Why was I so excited, don't I do that almost every day? Well yes, but there was something special about today...

... because today was the day that the crown prince and the crown princess of Norway were going to be at Geiranger fjord and I do admit, I did think that it would help me in my culture study (yeah, right, that is why :-)) to shake their hands. But we just caught a climbs of them as they drove by us as our bus got there a bit too late. Oh well, dear Håkon and Mette-Marit, we will have to catch up another time :-).

So to ease the pain of disappointment we decided that it was a good day to kill our first watermelon of the season

 Erlend did the honors...
... and it was soooo delicious, perfect snack on a warm (yes, you heard right!) summer day

No comments:

Post a Comment