Wednesday 31 October 2012

Cultural observations

Erlend has made some funny observations about German culture and language over the past weeks, like the fact that German pets need a passport when they travel and that he had to plan three weeks ago that he is going to sleep in tomorrow (he has a few days of school due to a German holiday).

But concentrating on the positive, I want to mention one thing that has thrilled me about Germany from the moment we got back and that is the selection you find in every bakery (which you find on every street corner). I just wanna take this moment to declare "I LOVE German bread and bread rolls!" No, it is not a pregnancy thing, I have liked bread all my life and missed it every time I lived in another country. Germans sometimes have (due to history) a problem with being proud of their country, but we sure can be proud of our bread! :-)


Any non Germans out there who don't believe me? Come and see (and taste) for yourself!

3 comments:

  1. I believe you! The best breakfasts I've ever had (besides in really fancy hotels that have amazing buffets with everything you can imagine) were in German homes with all the amazing breads and pastries! And I am looking forward to 4 days of German bread (AND MEAT) next month! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. believe you me - I am looking forward to that, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe you! I'd like to come have some more, though..: :D

    ReplyDelete